Information regarding the corona virus
From 15th of June, all colleges and universities are reopened. Sámi allaskuvla will do as much as possible of planned activities at Diehtosiida from week 35.
Sámi allaskuvla constantly monitors the current infection control rules so that events can be carried out. A detailed guide on infection control will be available online before the opening week.
The Infection Prevention and Control Guide is available as an e-course in Sami and English for students and staff:
- Watch the e-learning course: https://youtu.be/IBfPUlE9vxQ
For students: Verify that you completed the course: https://no.surveymonkey.com/r/R9NG6TF
For staff: Verify that you completed the course: https://no.surveymonkey.com/r/WFCQZDY
Most events can be transferred digitally, so that you can follow the streaming online if you for various reasons are prevented from being on campus.
The most important infection control measures that everyone should follow are:
1.Illness and quarantine (scroll down to read more about guidance about quarantine)
- If you are ill or have a feeling of illness, then you should stay at home.
- If you are in quarantine, then do not visit or stay at Diehtosiida.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly in lukewarm soapy water. If you do not have access to water, use hand disinfection with alcohol based products.
- Use paper tissue in front of your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Throw the tissue after use. If you do not have paper tissue, use a flexed elbow.
- Wash your hands before touching your face and before eating.
3. Keep a distance from others
- Keep at least 1 meter away from other people. Advices from fhi.no about Social distancing.
Everyone who arrives in Norway from an area/country that the Norwegian government has marked as red or gray, must be in quarantine for 10 days.
• Follow the map of which areas apply on the National Institute of Public Health's website. Be aware the situation can change quickly.
Guidance on quarantine
You are responsible for following the regulations that apply at all times. It is recommended to familiarise yourself with the current advices on this website https://www.fhi.no/en/op/novel-coronavirus-facts-advice/facts-and-general-advice/social-distance-quarantine-and-isolation/
For those who arrives in Norway from countries with a quarantine requirements, the following rules apply:
- Quarantine obligation 10 days upon arrival in Norway.
- You can socialize with those you live with, but avoid visits.
- You are not going to work or school.
- You should not take longer trips domestically or travel abroad.
- Do not take public transport.
- You should avoid places where it is difficult to keep your distance.
- As a general rule, do not visit public places, such as shops and cafés. In the absence of other options, you can do absolutely necessary errands in the store or pharmacy. Keep at least 1 meter away from others.
- You can walk outside alone, but keep at least 1 meter away from others.
If you are in quarantine due to illness:
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, such as fever or respiratory diseases, you should isolate yourself as soon as possible, and contact a doctor on tel. 116 117. During the isolation:
- Avoid contact with those you usually live with.
- Accommodations that are not suitable for quarantine must be avoided. Eg campsite, or other places you have to share a kitchen, bathroom, etc.
- If you live in SSO's student housing, contact SSO on tel. 934 77 201 so that they can initiate necessary measures.
The situation can change quickly, and then the measures also change. An update on current measures will then be available on this website.